Translation Pod is a language services provider registered at the following address: 86-90 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NE, United Kingdom.
The personal data we collect
We collect the following personal data when you enter your details on our contact page or join our mailing list:
- Your name and surname
- Your company name
- Your email address
- Your subscription preferences
- Details of how you use our emails (when you open them, which links you click on and whether you forward them to another email address)
How we use your personal data
We process and store your personal data for the following purposes:
- Keep a record of users who are interested in receiving our newsletter
- Provide users with information about our services for marketing purposes
- Respond to requests for quotes as well as any other queries
Your personal information will not be shared with any other third party unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
Legal grounds for collecting data
We collect and process your personal data based on the following legal grounds:
- Contractual necessity – We may need to collect and process your personal data when you enter into a contract with us, i.e. for the purposes of providing you with professional services and/or support.
- Legal obligation – We may need to collect and process your personal data to comply with legal obligations to which Translation Pod is subject.
- Legitimate interests – We may use your personal data for our legitimate interests to provide translation, subtitling and copywriting services as well as to improve our services. Where required by data privacy laws, we will rely on these legitimate interests for marketing and analytics purposes.
You may receive communications about our recent activities if you have contacted us about our services or provided us with your details and you have not unsubscribed from our marketing communications.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how visitors use our website. This helps us to improve your experience when you browse our site and provide relevant information about our services.
Google Analytics tracks the pages you visit, how long you spend on each page, how you got to the site and what you click on while you’re visiting the site. It does not store personally identifiable information (for example your name or address).
We only store your information for as long as it is required for the purposes set out in this policy.
Right of access
You have the right to access, correct, modify or delete the personal data we hold about you. You can exercise these rights by contacting us verbally or in writing using the details provided on our Contact page.
If you think we have processed your personal data unlawfully or contrary to your rights, you also have the right to submit a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK: www.ico.org.uk/concerns